What Makes a Medical Grade Lift Chair?
UNDERSTANDING WHAT MAKES UP A MEDICAL GRADE LIFT CHAIR/RECLINER...
IN A RETAIL WORLD FILLED WITH POSSIBILITIES THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF REPRESENTATIONS MADE WHEN IT COMES TO LIFTCHAIR/RECLINERS. MOST OF THE PRODUCTS OUT THERE ARE GOOD CHOICES FOR WHAT THEY ARE DESIGNED FOR. TYPICALLY, A GOOD RECLINER IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE COMFORT FOR A SHORTER DURATION OF TIME. NORMALLY AN EVENING OR DAY OFF WHERE WE MIGHT SPEND A FEW HOURS AND FROM TIME TO TIME AN OVERNIGHT HERE AND THERE. BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT NORMAL COMMERCIALLY OFFERED CHAIRS ARE DESIGNED FOR. THEREIN LAYS THE DIFFERENCE. ASK YOURSELF . . . . . . . . .
AM I CONSIDERING THE RIGHT PRODUCT BASED ON WHAT IT IS DESIGNED FOR?
THE QUESTIONS YOU MUST ASK ARE:
- What are our needs? How will we use the chair?
If looking for a nice comfortable chair to come home from work and get into to watch a game or movie, the standard offerings at major brand name outlets will do!
If on the other hand you have a medical condition or certain types of surgical procedures requiring longer periods (including sleeping) in the chair, perhaps a higher end, medical grade chair should be considered.
- What makes a lift chair/recliner medical grade?
Without being confusing, there are differences here too in medical grade lift chairs. There is only one manufacturer . . . . ONE, that offers a key indispensible feature that if not critical is certainly at the very least preferable. Let’s talk what GLOBAL MEDICAL EQUIPMENT OFFERS “EXCLUSIVELY” and is considered as “top of the line”.
FEATURES THAT MAKE THESE CHAIRS THE ABSOLUTE BEST OF THE BEST:
- ZERO GRAVITY FEATURE – Patented design that elevates the chair seat as you recline. This feature redistributes your weight evenly across the chair when reclining. The benefit is that the focus of your bodyweight is no longer in the crease of the chair where the chair back meets the seat. This relieves pressure on the lower back (lumbar area) and hip region redistributing that weight across the chair. This is a patented feature unique to Golden Technologies, Inc.
- TRENDELENBURG POSITION (modified) – This is where the chair puts you in a position that lowers your head and torso below the level of your feet. This position can help with leg edema (swelling) and also can reduce how hard your heart works for short periods of time.
- MADE IN THE USA! (A claim not many can make! NOT China, not Vietnam, etc.!)
- A TOTALLY PROGRAMMABLE HAND CONTROL to accommodate issues associated with memory loss and or limited dexterity. Can be individually set for favorite positions to watch TV or to SLEEP with one button control. YOUR favorite desired position is programmed into the associated buttons for ease of use!
- LIFT CHAIR – This is the feature most of us know of and often mistakenly believe is the only purpose to own such a chair! This feature assists with bringing a patient/customer to a near standing position to facilitate transfer from the chair to a mobility device such as a walker when standing on their own is difficult or challenging.
- DURABILITY & WARRANTY – A kiln dried Maplewood frame brings a lifetime warranty for the frame. The reliability of these products are attested to by GLOBAL MEDICAL EQUIPMENT and SUPPLIES, INC based on years of sales with extremely rare need for a service call.
- GLOBAL MEDICAL EQUIPMENT IS A GOLDEN TECHNOLOGIES FLAGSHIP DEALER! Authorized by the manufacturer to provide and perform service, if any issues arise we can normally address them with a same day service call!
25136 Hancock Ave
Murrieta, CA 92562
Phone: (951) 200-6555